Energy Services Program Coordinator
The position provides direct service through community outreach, intake, assessment, service planning, and referral as well as, placement services for all Weatherization customers in Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. Makes appropriate referrals to EMPOWER New York and other programs both within LifeWorks and outside agencies that will best assist customers. Will also coordinator daily office aspects of the department.
Candidate must be friendly, caring and professional and be able to demonstrate effective crisis management, good judgment, and have excellent communication skills. We are customer/participant focused and seek an applicant who desires to make an impact in the lives of our neighbors in need.
Candidate needed to:
- Primary intake and eligibility assessment for customers via telephone screening. Will screen for residential and income eligibility.
- Explains program and procedures of the program to customers, answers questions and refers other agency services as needed. Mails out energy service and EMPOWER applications and directly oversees the energy services applications.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and monitoring all Weatherization and Community Services collaborative efforts.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- Work with program staff to provide appropriate services to customer and make the necessary referrals for other work that may be out of the work scope.
- Maintains up-to-date comprehensive and accurate files on customers, including accurate documentation in case files.
- Schedules audits with customer and program auditor.
- Assist Office Manager with the following utilizing QuickBooks:
Processing purchase orders and invoices for vendors and subcontractors using QuickBooks software.
Purchase inventory and maintain sufficient quantities for agency work crews.
Process inventory and maintain the inventory data base.
Organizing units to be submitted for monthly Cumulative Fiscal Reports and Consolidated Weatherization Status Reports.
Ensures the posting of all invoices and a completed BWS to the client’s folder at the completion of a project.
- Associates Degree or a HS Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in advocacy, outreach and or a human services field. Office management experience a plus!
- Must have knowledge of issues faced by low-income families and individuals and understanding of social service resources.
- Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs required.
- Experience in performing basic social needs assessments and case management.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful. QuickBooks is required!
Schedule: position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Position offers a starting salary of $17.00 per hour with excellent benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.