About Capital Roots: Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
The Events Coordinator provides event planning/coordination and solicits donations for all fundraising events for Capital Roots.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Experience or aptitude for special events planning, and/or general fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, web and database).
- Must be flexible and have experience working with diverse communities (including donors, volunteers, board members and constituents).
- Must possess a genuine interest in the mission of our organization
- Organize details of four major fundraising events each year including:
- Negotiate with venue, entertainment and other outside support staff to ensure event success
- Solicit in-kind donations and build relationships with the business community, must be comfortable with cold calling and solicitin
- Coordinate mailings for events including creation of solicitation and mailing list
- Organize and maintain registration lists for events and ensure thank you’s for every donation are sen
- Collaborate with event committees to delegate tasks through the life cycle of the event
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to develop printed collateral and social media campaigns for events.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and organize volunteers to assist with projects and events.
- Coordinate, staff and support smaller events throughout the year
- Assist the Development Coordinator and other staff with various program work as needed.
- Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings and perform all other duties as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS: This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) paid at an annual rate of $28,000 per year, in a flexible work environment We offer comprehensive medical insurance and partially covered dental insurance upon hire (benefit valued at ~$8,000). In addition to generous vacation time, we observe 11 paid holidays and offer paid personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan and are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Sean Wyse, Community Engagement Director
Capital Roots |594 River Street | Troy NY 12180
Or by email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!