The Head Start Family Advocate supports the role of parents in family well-being and fosters positive parent-child relationships. Encourages parent involvement in Head Start while providing advocacy and social service guidance based on family goals.
- Responsible for recruiting eligible children and introducing families to all Head Start options and other Saratoga County EOC programs.
- Completes initial application and eligibility assessment for all children. Identifies child and family needs for center-based families.
- Develops individual /family goal plans based on needs assessment and provides on-going support and follow-up.
- Provides referrals and follow-up to all SCEOC programs and community agencies.
- Advocates for children and families to secure access to and assistance from appropriate sources.
- Provides case management for center-based families and facilitates case management meetings and conferences in conjunction with the health and education service areas.
- Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events.
REQUIREMENTS – applicants must send a cover letter along with a resume
- Associates Degree in Human Services and at least 2 years’ experience in a human services field.
- Must be skilled in communicating and motivating people. Position requires strong advocacy skills relating to health and social services in support of families.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to the appropriate agencies and services. Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs and resources. Experience in performing basic social assessments desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Above average organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Basic computer skills with Windows applications and word processing skills helpful.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. - assist in setting up classroom environments and interacting with young children in a daycare setting. Provide back-up in the classroom if needed.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
BENEFITS PACKAGE – position offers $11.80 per hour
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
Paid School Breaks
Employer Paid Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Advocacy, Crisis Intervention, Immigration Services, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.