Family Partnerships Coordinator
The Family Partnerships Coordinator is part of the regional management team. Under the direction of the Family and Community Partnerships Manager, this position oversees the facilitation of Service Areas as it relates to ERSEA, Family and Community Engagement, mental health as per Head Start Performance Standards, local policy and, if relevant, other governing authority within the regional area.
This position requires regular travel to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies. Some evening and weekend work may be required for events such as home visits, family meetings, social or community events, parent education sessions etc.
- Provides direct supervision, training and monitoring of Family Advocate’s and ensures their compliance with agency Service Area Plan and Performance Standards.
- Conducts bi-monthly supervisory meeting with assigned staff. Performs annual performance appraisals and IDP development for staff in conjunction with Region Manager and Family Partnerships Manager. Assists the Family Partnerships Manager in content area training and technical supervision to staff.
- Assists the Family Partnerships Manager in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the service delivery
- Ensures that trauma-informed, family-centered services occur which facilitate child development, support parental roles, build healthy social/emotional relationships and promote self-sufficiency.
- Participates in record keeping, data collection in support of PIR, Community Assessment, program outcome evaluation and monthly reports, as required.
- Assists Regional Management team in planning and facilitating family engagement activities, such as Family Committee meetings, parenting education and training, family activities, continuing education opportunities, family literacy activities, newsletters, orientations, and workshops.
- Attend all required trainings, workshops and meetings as deemed necessary.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field preferred. An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or related field required.
- Demonstrated supervisory/ administrative experience in a human service related position is required. Additional experience working with minority and low-income populations, pregnant moms and children birth to age five.
- General knowledge of community services and experience or knowledge of trauma-informed practices, family strengths/family centered practice preferred.
- Experience working with young children and supervising staff is required.
- Must be computer literate with skills in the use of basic office software. Must have strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Must be able to maintain composure in challenging situations.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Compensation: This position offers a starting rate of $16.26 per hour.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here