Family Services Manager
Family Services Manager
The Family Services Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, oversight and evaluation of evidenced-based family support services grounded in principles of Trauma Informed Care, Universal Basic Regard, and Coaching in order assist low-income families in establishing household stability and working toward self-sufficiency. This position will facilitate training and coaching for staff engaged in direct family support services including Head Start Family Advocates and Home Visitors as well as Food Programs, Immigrant Services and Family Services advocates. The Family Services Manager will also work with agency management to build a Trauma Informed approach to all agency operations.
The desired candidate should have experience and training in Trauma Informed Practice and client coaching models. General knowledge of community services and experience or knowledge of family strengths/family centered practice also preferred.
Full-time candidate needed to:
- Work with the management team to develop and implement the EmPath Mobility Mentors Program, taking into Department variations and funding requirements.
- Facilitate staff training on Trauma Informed Care, Economic Mobility and Coaching.
- Provide staff coaching to improve family coaching skills and trauma informed practices.
- Collect data and evaluate program efficacy, provide outcome-based recommendations.
- Supervise direct reports.
- Ensure Family support and mobility mentoring services are trauma informed and responsive to the unique needs and culture of families: such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Participate in agency-wide, as well as department specific, initiatives to adopt and improve Trauma Informed Care and Whole Family practices.
Master’s degree in social work preferred; supervised practicum or internship preferred. Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, related fields with significant relevant professional experience will be considered.
A minimum of three years supervisory/ administrative experience in a human service related position is required. Experience and Training in Trauma Informed Practice and client coaching models. General knowledge of community services and experience or knowledge of family strengths/family centered practice preferred.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain composure in challenging situations.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
Compensation: This position offers a starting salary of $48,880.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.