Field Service Technician
The Service Technician performs all activities associated with installing, servicing, and maintaining a wide range of the Company’s state of the art CNC precision machine tools and related equipment for the international railway industry.
- Use electrical schematics to test and troubleshoot electrical systems including switches, PLCs, PCs, sensors, motors, and measurement devices
- Use laptops, PC applications, and printed documentation to test and troubleshoot PLC ladder logic programs
- Use drawings to test and troubleshoot mechanical systems such as pistons, rams, pulleys, belts, gears, lubrication systems, and alignment
- Use hydraulic schematics to test and troubleshoot hydraulic power systems
- Testing of all machines to verify calibration and operation
- Start-up and debug of newly manufactured or rebuilt machines both at the NSH USA factory and at customer’s facility
- Extensive travel both domestic and international is REQUIRED; travel will be about 80-90% (which may include weekends)
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in a technical field, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering OR 3-5 years of related experience in a similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED
- Excellent time management skills REQUIRED
- Must be a self-motivated individual and be able to hit the ground running meeting the company’s and client’s needs
- Very good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical process and must be able to merge them together so that the equipment is operating efficiently and effectively
- Experience in programming and working with PLCs a PLUS
- Must work well with people
- Must combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Please go to https://nsh-usa.com/employment/ to apply. Resumes and cover letters can also be submitted by fax to 518-462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year