As a member of the Finance / Human Resources Department, will perform complex finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and check processing.
- Reliable team player with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Reconciliation of purchase orders with invoices and statements ensuring that the proper approvals, funding source and cost allocations are properly documented. Ensuring mathematical accuracy.
- Recording invoices and processing checks, manually or through the computer.
- Obtaining necessary signatures on purchase orders, invoices and checks. Mailing or manual delivery of all checks, excluding payroll.
- Logging in cash receipts, ensuring that each receipt is credited to its proper funding source and category. Preparation of banking documents and actual delivery of such to bank. Maintain organized system of banking documents including account information, authorized check signers, corporate resolutions and deposit documentation.
- Collection of written payroll information from all Program Directors, calculation of payroll changes, and actual preparation of payroll under supervision Fiscal Director. Review of payroll journal, labor distribution schedules and payroll tax information from payroll service and all steps necessary for its processing.
- Completing requests for wage and employment data for garnishments, unemployment insurance forms, social security requests, authorized credit information, and any other similar type of wage and employment data requests.
- Assist with new hire packets to new employees including health, dental, life insurance information, union or non-union policies and procedures, emergency information, confidentiality forms, and tax and voluntary withholding forms and information.
- Participation in annual Audit to include documentation gathering and account reconciliation.
- Compilation of various vouchers including generating computer reports, assembling and reconciling all supporting documents.
- Assist with record donations and accurately maintain the computer database to include the donor’s proper name, address, and all other pertinent information.
- Assist with various fiscal documents and schedules as necessary, such as schedules of accounts payable, reconciliation of vendor payments, etc.
- Maintain inventory of all agency owned equipment.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a resume along with a cover letter
Associates Degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred. At least two years of Accounting, bookkeeping or other pertinent business management experience. At least 2 years bookkeeping or related accounting experience required.
Two years bookkeeping experience or other pertinent business management experience. Intermediate level knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with staff and clientele.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
BENEFITS - position starts at $15.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here