LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. As a member of the Finance Department, will perform complex finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and check processing.
- Responsible for financial functions including but not limited to the following areas: A/P, A/R, Banking, General Ledger including Journal Entries and schedules, Monthly Reporting and Accruals, and Grant Accounting.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenues, expenses, and program budgets to actual expenditures.
- In accordance with grants management principles and federal and state rules and regulations this position will be responsible for the review and monitoring of purchasing and expenditure activity to ensure the legality, propriety and accuracy of accounting and related records .
- Prepare monthly reports
,and reconciliation for grants and contracts.
Assist with preparation and completion of annual Audit.
- Compilation of requested reports, including generating computer reports, assembling and reconciling all supporting documents.
Responsible for accurate Cash accounting including initiating cash transfers, and processing all donor and grant funding. Maintaining accurate records of all cash transactions, monthly reconciliations and database.
- Responsible for all aspects of A/P including: reconciliation of purchase orders, invoices, and statements. Ensuring proper documentation of approvals, funding source and cost allocations.
- Recording invoices, processing checks, logging in cash receipts, preparation of banking documents and maintain organized system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Compensation starts at $21.00 per hour
Benefits of full time employment include:
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
401(k) Plan with a company match
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
Paid Personal Time
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Plan
13 paid holidays off during the year
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Minimum of three years related work experience within all aspects of accounting, preferably non-profit fund accounting. A degree in Accounting is a plus!
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of accounting rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Google.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently as well as a member of the team, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.