As a member of the Finance / Human Resources Department, will perform complex finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and check processing.
- Reliable team player with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Reconciliation of purchase orders with invoices and statements ensuring that the proper approvals, funding source and cost allocations are properly documented. Ensuring mathematical accuracy.
- Recording invoices and processing checks, manually or through the computer.
- Obtaining necessary signatures on purchase orders, invoices and checks. Mailing or manual delivery of all checks, excluding payroll.
- Logging in cash receipts, ensuring that each receipt is credited to its proper funding source and category. Preparation of banking documents and actual delivery of such to bank. Maintain organized system of banking documents including account information, authorized check signers, corporate resolutions and deposit documentation.
- Assists with all payroll and human resources functions including collection and processing of payroll, wage and employment data requests and assisting with new hire packets, health insurance coordination and policies and procedures.
- Participation in annual Audit to include documentation gathering and account reconciliation.
- Compilation of various vouchers including generating computer reports, assembling and reconciling all supporting documents.
- Assist with record donations and accurately maintain the computer database to include the donor’s proper name, address, and all other pertinent information.
- Assist with various fiscal documents and schedules as necessary, such as schedules of accounts payable, reconciliation of vendor payments, etc.
- Maintain inventory of all agency owned equipment.
REQUIREMENTS – please send a resume along with a cover letter
Associates Degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred. At least two years of Accounting, bookkeeping or other related business experience.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Valid Driver’s License necessary.
BENEFITS - position starts at $15.00 per hour
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.