Installs energy savings measures and home renovation techniques to reduce the energy burden on customers within Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. Performs light carpentry/construction work on residential homes.
- Will operate hand tools and equipment necessary for the installation of energy reduction measures such as installing high density blown cellulose in sidewalls and attics, replacing windows, and installing air-sealing measures for doors/windows.
- Receive work orders, coordinate with the Production Supervisor and proceed to client’s home to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
- Fulfill the work scope as directed by the Crew Chief and/or Production Supervisor including, but not limited to, work on ladders, basements, attics, outside and confining spaces.
- Responsible for knowledge of and incorporating newly provided Weatherization techniques, such as the Minneapolis blower door, digital manometer, combustion appliance zone (CAZ) testing, pressure diagnostics, etc.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain and properly care for all tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation of work performed on each unit, including materials used and problems encountered. Count inventory monthly.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years “on-the-job” building construction and/or carpentry experience.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems based on appropriate math skills and carpentry experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces. Pull or reach with arms and/or hands, crouch, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a team member, good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license
Position offers a starting rate of $13.50 per hour and excellent benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick time
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here