Join our caring, community focused team!
This position oversees the facilitation of Health Services (Medical, Dental, and Child Safety) as per Head Start Performance Standards, and NYS Daycare Regulations. Responsible for regional oversight of the health program, will perform duties of an advocate as needed.
- Assists Health and Nutrition Manager in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services for medical, nutrition, dental, and child safety.
Provides direct supervision, training and monitoring of the Health Advocate, Nutrition and Home Visitor staff as assigned and ensures their compliance with agency Service Area Plans.
Ensures required health screenings, in collaboration with parents, are completed within mandated 45/90 days of enrollment and evaluations, treatment and follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
- Requires regular travel to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies.
- Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits, parent teacher conferences, Family Committee meetings, social or community events, etc.
Benefits: position offers $17.24 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
Knowledge, skills and abilities: please send a letter of interest along with a resume
- Associate’s Degree in health, public health or other closely related field.
- Knowledge of health, nutrition, human development, community health and basic nursing principles.
- Experience working with pregnant women, young children and low income individuals preferred.
- Previous experience supervising staff is helpful.
- Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
- Knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to the appropriate agencies and services. Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs, resources and social assessments.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles in varying weather conditions.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.