Health Services Coordinator
This position oversees the facilitation of Health Services (Medical, Dental, and Child Safety) as per Head Start Performance Standards, NYS Daycare Regulations, local program policy and, if relevant, other governing authority within Saratoga County. Will involve provision of direct services in the health area in the absence of a health advocate. Requires regular travel to make contact with staff, families, and other agencies. Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required for events such as home visits, parent teacher conferences, Family Committee meetings, social or community events, etc.
Program Management and Oversight
- Assists Health and Nutrition Manager in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services for medical, nutrition, dental, and child safety.
- Participates in record keeping, data collection in support of PIR, Community Assessment, program outcome evaluation and monthly reports, as required.
- Provides direct supervision, training and monitoring of the Health Advocate, Nutrition and Home Visitor staff as assigned and ensures their compliance with agency Service Area Plans.
- Provides content area training and technical supervision to staff.
- Works as a member of the Management Team.
- Assists Regional Management teams in planning and facilitating family engagement activities, such as Family Committee meetings, family activities, continuing education opportunities, family literacy activities, newsletters, orientations, and workshops.
- Reviews files regularly to ensure service area paperwork is accurate.
- Ensures required health screenings, in collaboration with parents, are completed within mandated 45/90 days of enrollment and evaluations, treatment and follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors children’s participation and compliance with the schedule of well child care (EPSDT-Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program), to include a medical and dental home.
- Monitors immunization status of children and completes annual web-based immunization survey.
- Ensures facilities and equipment promote a healthy and safe environment via random health and safety checks. Monitors inventory and maintenance of first aid supplies.
- Monitors medication administration for assigned caseload.
- Conducts bi-monthly supervisory meetings with assigned health staff.
- Performs annual performance appraisals and IDP development for health staff in conjunction with Region Manager and Health and Nutrition Manager.
- Meets with the Health and Nutrition Manager for supervision, training and technical assistance.
- Adheres to all program policies. Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: please send a letter of interest along with a resume
- Degree in a Health Related field.
- Previous experience supervising staff and working with young children.
- Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
- Knowledge of health, nutrition, human development, community health and basic nursing principles.
- Experience working with pregnant women, young children and low income individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families to the appropriate agencies and services. Working knowledge of governmental and social services programs, resources and social assessments.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
BENEFITS PACKAGE – position offers $17.24 per hour
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.