Healthy and Nutrition Manager
Health and Nutrition Manager
Experienced professional needed to manage and coordinate the health, nutrition, and child safety programs for Head Start within Saratoga County. Responsible for collaborating on the development and implementation of the program, tracking and record keeping, community relations and outreach.
- Monitors the Health, Safety and Nutrition requirement’s for the program. Writes, reviews and revises Health, Nutrition and Child Safety Work Plans annually.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the health portion of the program with parents and staff to support the effective implementation of health services.
- Serves as a health and nutrition resource specialist to Teachers and Family Service Workers. Provide supervision, training and technical assistance to staff on service area matters.
- Develops a list of local health and related resources and defines procedures for effective use of these resources. Initiates and establishes working relationships with local providers through contractual agreements as appropriate.
- Ensures that Health Advocates regularly observe in assigned classrooms and provide consultation related to health, safety and sanitation issues.
- Works with Child Development Services and Regional Managers to perform safety inspections and monitor issues identified by regular inspections.
- Monitors all classrooms for compliance with health and safety checklists.
- Provides or arranges training to classroom staff on topics such as family-style meal service and health curriculum.
- Provides orientation, training and general oversight of food services.
- Establishes a system for providing health and nutrition education to families through workshops, parent meetings, handouts, etc.
Please send a cover letter along with a resume.
Position offers $19.81/hour.
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in a health, public health or other closely related field.
3 years’ experience in a managerial capacity and proven experience with supervision, staffing and performance development.
Considerable knowledge of health, nutrition, human development, community health and basic nursing principles.
Knowledge of community and public health programs and other resources and the availability of such programs in the community.
Experience working with pregnant women, young children and low income individuals preferred.
Must have or be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR and MAT (Medication Administration Training) Certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications.
Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
Valid Driver’s License necessary.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
Paid School Breaks
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.