Conducts maintenance, repair and installations for heating units on residential homes.
Coordinates with Auditors and Program Director to perform the prescribed job in a manner that is thorough, courteous, expeditious, and safe.
Diagnose malfunctions of heating system and/or components for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs. Ensure timely and correct methods of Energy Services measures.
- Review job folders and determine the work to be accomplished and materials needed to complete the project. Maintain proper inventory controls.
- Repair and replace heating systems and/or components for the purpose of providing renovation and preventive maintenance.
- Work alongside crew to perform basic weatherization carpentry work if needed.
- Familiarity with appropriate National Fire Protection Agency’s (NFPA) regulations and the New York State Mechanical Code. Perform all work In Accordance with (IAW) prevailing codes and the Standard Work System (SWS).
Requirements: please send a cover letter and resume
- Willing to obtain HVAC Certification or BPI Certification as a Heating Professional. High School Diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge of various HVAC systems including hydronic heating systems, and forced air heating systems is a plus. We are willing to train.
- Carpentry or renovation experience and use of basic power tools is helpful.
- Ability to lift 50 pound tools and equipment. Able to crawl under, in, and through tight and/or dirty spaces, pull or reach with arms and/or hands, bend or kneel, climb stairs or ladders. Ability to work from heights no greater than 25 feet.
- Tolerant of exposure to all weather conditions (heat, cold, snow and rain); for periods up to 8 hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work well under pressure and exercise good judgement.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
Benefits: position offers $16.00 per hour
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Life Insurance and 401(k) Retirement
Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, Mobile Food Pantry and a Soup Kitchen.