Home Energy Auditor
Performs Energy Audits for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) in Saratoga and Schenectady Counties and assigns crews to complete scheduled work projects for both WAP and Empower/NYSERDA Programs. Assists in the daily operations of the Energy Services Department.
- Coordinate on-site work of weatherization Crew Chiefs & Crews while providing technical assistance. Ensure work standards meet the minimums set forth in the Standard Work System (SWS).
- Schedule customers for energy audits and perform audits in accordance with guidelines set by the Division of Housing and Community Renewal’s (DHCR), Bureau of Energy Affordability and the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Obtain and maintain the following certifications: BPI Analyst, Heating and Mobile Home.
- Observe, analyze and evaluate homes using BPI standards based on appropriate building science techniques.
- Educate clients on ways to save energy within their homes.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- BPI certification as an Auditor in the fields of Envelope and Building Analyst a plus but we will train. BPI Certification in HVAC helpful.
- High School Diploma/GED or Associate’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a building construction or engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of modeling software such as EmpCalc, willing to train.
- Construction experience in residential framing is a plus.
- Utilize math skills and carpentry knowledge to evaluate and solve problems.
- Electrical knowledge helpful but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds. Maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
Schedule: position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Position offers a starting salary of $18.00 per hour with excellent benefits! A higher rate of pay will be considered based on experience and credentials.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.