Home Energy Auditor
Join our caring, community focused team and help create a great customer experience. Help make a customer’s home more comfortable and energy efficient!
We’re looking for a home energy auditor to perform audits for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) in Saratoga and Schenectady Counties.
- Schedule customers for energy audits and perform audits in accordance with guidelines set by the Division of Housing and Community Renewal’s (DHCR), Bureau of Energy Affordability and the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Analyze and evaluate homes using BPI standards based on appropriate building science techniques.
- Educate clients on ways to save energy within their homes.
- Coordinate on-site work of weatherization Crew Chiefs & Crews while providing technical assistance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BPI certification as an Energy Auditor and Building Analyst a plus but we will train. BPI Certification in HVAC is helpful. Will obtain and maintain the following BPI certifications: Analyst, Heating and Mobile Home.
- Associate’s Degree preferred or high school diploma /GED with experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of modeling software and building science a plus.
- Construction experience in residential framing. Electrical knowledge helpful but not required.
- Supervisory experience in a building construction or engineering environment.
- A clean, valid New York State driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds. Maintain a positive attitude with staff and clientele.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of our customers.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
Schedule: position works Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Compensation: Salary starting at $18.00/hour and are willing to train. Will pay up to $22.00/hour with full credentials and relevant experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
401(k) Plan with a 10% match
Employer Paid Life Insurance
Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
Paid Personal Time
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Plan
13 paid holidays off during the year
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment.