The Director, Human Resources provides consultation and leadership in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to the College’s objectives. Effectively plans, develops and executes human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals. Provides oversight of the Office of Human Resources, and has responsibility for strategic human resource planning, talent management, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, organizational development, compliance, policy development and risk management.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
· Participates in the development and implementation of the College’s strategic plan and budget; particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. Recommends and maintains the college organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish college goals and objectives.
· Advises management on employment trends and sensitive employee matters that may occur; collaborates with administration to develop and implement timely and appropriate solutions.
· Anticipates and proactively plans and implements recruitment and retention programs in collaboration with management.
· Consults with managers and supervisors to provide support for recruitment, interviewing and selection of candidates, promoting diversity as a criterion for candidate consideration.
· Designs metrics and measures to assess the value of HR activities, and coordinates, compiles, and reports on the yearly activities including staff demographics, recruitment, turnover, professional development; performance management; compensation; recognition; service awards; sabbatical leaves; and promotion and tenure.
· Develops and provides oversight for job classification and salary administration programs, including job description maintenance and compensation modeling and placement.
· A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related degree and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive Human Resources experience, OR-
· A master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related degree and five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive Human Resources experience.
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Compensation Professional (CCP), and/or Benefits Professional (CEBS) certification preferred.
For more information or to apply, visit Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Applicant Portal | HR Director (acphs.edu)