HR Specialist - Talent Acquisition
At Healthy Alliance, our purpose is to improve health and empower the underserved. Every community has its own needs, affecting the health of those who live, learn, work, and play within them. Our network brings together organizations, big and small, to coordinate and collaborate so that all communities have reliable access to the resources they need. Why? Because every New Yorker deserves the same opportunity to be healthy.
As a 2019-21 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021-2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Health Care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all. Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, mastery, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
The HR Specialist reports to the Sr. Director of Human Resources and supports HR operational and employee lifecycle processes including attracting, sourcing, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding. The HR Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for candidates throughout the recruitment process up through onboarding.
The HR Specialist also assists with general HR operational procedures in support of departmental goals and objectives, maintains accurate HR data to support talent acquisition and retention metrics, and provides regular reporting updates to HR Leadership.
This position is based in the Capital Region with hybrid/remote-work options.
- Sourcing talented and diverse candidates using various methods such as social media platforms, online job boards, networking events, job fairs, and other creative methods including leveraging internet resources and technology.
- Assisting hiring managers in developing job postings based on internal job descriptions — with an emphasis on employer branding and culture — and ensure proper advertisement formats for internet job postings and target niche sites.
- Screening applicants, manage the interview process, and attend career fairs, networking events, and collaborate with internal marketing team to expand company awareness.
- Ensuring successful transition of new employees through pre-employment to onboarding, including liaising with IT and hiring managers to ensure all equipment is provided promptly, all new-hire paperwork is complete, and employment requirements are met on the first day of employment.
- Providing general HR support to the Sr. Director of HR in maintaining HRIS updates and other employee-centric systems, records, and employee files (i.e., HRIS interface, benefits portals, shared drives, employee directory, etc.) to support HR documentation for policies and procedures, organizational chart, events, notices, calendar, forms, etc.
- Contributing to an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs, and spending significant time interfacing directly with employees.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of tasks, activities, and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 2-3 years of full-cycle recruiting with solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices.
- Experience coordinating multiple areas of the recruiting process including scheduling phone, remote, and on-site interviews, preparing offer letters, and processing background checks. Interacting with candidates via phone, video, email, and in-person required.
- Understands sourcing and recruiting tools and methods, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, networking events, referrals, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and aptitude for working with recruiting software platforms, online sourcing tools, and social media.
- Experience maintaining accurate data and reporting through HR databases and applicant tracking systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish strong working relationships with all other stakeholders.
- Ability to execute successfully in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment and easily adapt to change.
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Flexible and adaptable to varying situations and scenarios with a solution mindset and ability to think "outside the box."