WRGB-TV is looking for an experienced HR Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting approximately 80 employees under the general direction of the Station’s Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management, in addition to employee and labor relations.
While no day will be exactly the same, you’ll be involved in a variety of HR functions will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, prepare offer letters and pre-employment paperwork, conduct background checks, etc.
- Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring
- Coordinate onboarding/offboarding processes, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO
- Assist Regional HR Manager and/or Business Manager with employee relations matters
- Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and state and local laws, including FMLA, NY STD and NY PFL
- Maintain a working knowledge of our cloud based HRIS (Oracle) and provide guidance to managers and employees including, but not limited to the following HRIS modules: self-service, HCM, recruiting, onboarding, time and attendance, performance, and compensation
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed
- Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications
- Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried, union and non-union staff
- Assist leadership with routine reporting, such as OT, contract dates, etc.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreement terms
- Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees
- Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of HR Generalist level experience
- Labor relations experience preferred
- Solid understanding of NY State employment laws
- Demonstrated experience working with a HRIS, preferably cloud-based
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail
- Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!