Human Resources & Finance Specialist
Proctors Collaborative is the Capital District’s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement and economic development initiatives throughout the region. We’re changing expectations about how the arts serve a community.
Proctors Collaborative seeks and Human Resources and Finance Specialist to support both departments. This position is full time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing and processing of all institutional-, state-, federal- and benefits-related paperwork for incoming and existing employees.
- Reviewing payroll spanning six companies.
- Posting job opportunities
- Preparing all Short- and Long-Term Disability, Family Medical Leave Act, NYS Paid Family Leave. Quarterly reconciliation of Third-Party Sick Pay and all insurances. Monitoring of 403b/401k contributions and regulations.
- Balancing monthly payroll registers to the General Ledger
- Reconciling Quarterly 941s for all entities
- Reconciling monthly payroll accounts
- Assisting with Insurance audits for all entities (gathering required backup/documents from request list)
- Assisting with scanning/uploading and digital filing of records in Accounting System
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in Human Resources or Finance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine desire to accommodate employees’ needs
- Possesses the ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, specifically ability to use Apple products, Microsoft Office Suite and to learn database programs quickly. ADP experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management/multi-tasking/organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Team player that is able to work well with others, at times in a stressful environment
- Professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic.
Proctors Collaborative is committed to building a workplace that is both creative and progressive. To that end, we seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, people of color, all cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We celebrate individual differences and we strive to treat everyone with fairness and respect.
Proctors Collaborative does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
432 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305
Please apply on line at proctors.org, send your resume to the address above or submit via Lperazzo@proctors.org