Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist at Whitney Young Health (WYH) performs day to day HR activities by providing a broad range of support services to ensure employees, processes, programs and policies are aligned and optimized to achieve company goals. The HR Generalist carries out the responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, HR data analysis, recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compliance, and performance management.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for the organization, interacting with employees, managers and customers to achieve objectives.
- Reviews and responds to employees regarding policy, procedure and other human resources related inquiries.
- Serves as a liaison between human resources and the Collective Bargaining Unit Representatives.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Facilitates onboarding process including background checks, health clearance, credentialing, etc.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Coordinates NHSC and NYS loan forgiveness program requirements and reporting.
- Supports the maintenance and implementation of policies and procedure.
- Conducts new-hire orientation. Facilitates other trainings as requested.
- Administers unemployment, workers compensation and other third-party insurance claims. Prepares and attends hearings, as needed.
- Assists with the annual open enrollment process.
- The Human Resources Generalist at Whitney Young performs day to day HR activities by providing a broad range of support services to ensure employees, processes, programs and policies are aligned and optimized to achieve company goals. The HR Generalist carries out the responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, HR data analysis, recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compliance, and performance management.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Supports succession planning by participating in projects, as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Assists Director of Human Resources in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals and objectives.
- Recommends new approaches to improve department efficiency and services performed.
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor degree or 7 to 10 years of relevant HR Generalist experience that includes knowledge of principles and best practices of Human Resources administration, employee relations and labor relations. Two (2) years of Recruiting experience to include knowledge of principles and best practices of Human Resources administration, recruitment and processing. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated efficiency in Microsoft, ability to analyze/report; manage multiple tasks/assignments. High degree of professionalism and maturity. Ability to work independently.
SHRM-CP/PHR certification. Experience in other areas of human resources to include compensation, benefits, training, or organization development. Familiarity with multiple HRIS platforms.
Please be aware that as a facility regulated under Article 28 of the New York State Public Health Law, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment. Whitney Young Health also requires the COVID-19 booster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Salary range: $52,000 - $58,000 annually