Immigrant Services Specialist
We are currently seeking a candidate to provide bilingual services and support to immigrants and their families in Saratoga, Washington and Warren Counties.
- Primary intake, assessment and case management/mentoring for clients in crisis.
- Conduct program and educational outreach to the immigrant population.
- Assist in planning, scheduling and monitoring community projects.
- Certify to be a Volunteer Income Tax Assistant tax preparer (VITA).
- Assist with all advocacy duties for the program.
- Promote and assist with ESL classes
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Passion for serving the community, alleviating poverty and building a community where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Positive attitude and good customer service skills.
- Organized and detail oriented. Willingness to learn.
- Must be bilingual Spanish/English.
Compensation: 20.00 per hour
Schedule: Full-time at 40 hours per week.
LifeWorks Community Action is a community of neighbors helping neighbors build bright and stable futures. We have a strong network of programs to help our neighbors address their immediate needs and overcome challenges. If we do not have the support someone is looking for, we make sure they are connected to an organization that does. EOE
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources for LifeWorks Community Action via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and complete an employment application at https://www.lifeworksaction.org/careers and send in via email.