Incoming QC Quality Control Technician
Applied Robotics has an immediate need for an experienced Incoming Quality Control Technician. This person will have the primary responsibility of inspecting products at various stages of the production process, as well as compiling and evaluating statistical data to determine and maintain the quality/reliability of products.
- Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 2 to 5 years of experience in programming and operating a CMM
- Minimum 2 years experience utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Support the Company’s Vision, Values, and Mission.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Perform inspection of incoming and manufactured/assembled product using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and various measuring devices.
- Record inspection data into Quality system.
- Communicate non-conformance of material to suppliers and determine disposition of product.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Create and maintain QC inspection criteria documentation.
- Maintain and monitor Quality Calibration System.
- Provide feedback to Manager on Supplier quality performance through Supplier Corrective Actions Reports
- When necessary, support Outgoing QC inspection of product.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Strong knowledge of geometry and trigonometry, ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to define problems, college data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
- Familiar with Computer Programs such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Lotus “Notes” and Made2Manage.
- Employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Specific vision ability required (close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Applied Robotics offers a comprehensive benefits package including; Medical/Vision, Dental, Long/Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K with a company match. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applied Robotics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Applied Robotics, Inc.
648 Saratoga Rd.
Glenville, NY 12302