Instructor (Technical Skills)- Evenings
We are actively recruiting for this role, with all interviews, hiring and new hire on-boarding being done virtually. The start date is immediate, with work to be performed remotely until bans for onsite work are lifted.
Albany Can Code is growing!
Alaant is pleased to be partnering with Albany Can Code in its search for skilled Instructors to teach current and future technical training programs. Albany Can Code's mission is to shift the mindset about who can work in technology by creating pathways to join the tech economy. We do this by building a more inclusive and vibrant tech pipeline through inclusive instruction & programs, collaborating with educators and partnering with the Capital Region's tech employers.
What you'll do:
- Deliver instruction and hands-on exercises as part of a highly focused curriculum that is targeted to teach technical/coding skills to non-traditional, adult and/or K-12 students in a classroom or virtual classroom setting
- Combine computer programming concepts with other curriculum areas to provide blended STEM instruction according to AlbanyCanCode curricula
- Assist in development of new training courses and materials with Albany Can Code team to be used in workshops, group programs or classes
- Work with small breakout groups to offer guidance and assistance to participants
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders for planning and coordination of curriculum and course delivery
- Lead Assistant Instructor(s) through curriculum delivery and class preparation
Why this is a great job!
You will be changing lives! You will be helping people learn new skills that will put them on a pathway to a meaningful career providing economic prosperity.
Things you need to know about this job:
- Evenings/Weekend hours are required
- This is a part time direct hire role (average weekly hours: 18-20)
- Salary will be based on your experience
What you'll bring to Albany Can Code:
- Classroom and/or teaching experience with children and/or adults
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Python
- Willingness and ability to adapt and learn new technologies to teach
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond to provide a meaningful experience for our students
- Experience with Scratch and other K-12 coding technologies is a plus
- Proficient working with Microsoft platforms and software
This is an active role, with an immediate start date. All hiring and on boarding will be done virtually for now.
To apply directly to this position, please visit the following job link:
For more details on this role contact:
Megan Ermalowicz, Talent Acquisition Manager, email@example.com 518-689-0710
Alaant Workforce Solutions wants all interested applicants to know they are seeking a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Glassdoor
At Alaant we believe in People First! We Care. We Listen & We Support.