The IT/Broadcast Engineer assists in the day-to-day IT network maintenance including workstations, servers, databases, firewall and related broadcast television equipment.
Main Duties and responsibilities are:
- Installation, support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, and network components as well as broadcast equipment.
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Maintain integrity and consistent operation of the IT networks and mission critical operations.
- Use effective communications skills and interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Coordinate and plan complex projects with other members of the engineering team.
- Use effective troubleshooting methods to quickly diagnose problems with IT or broadcast equipment and formulate solutions or recommendations, especially with systems in the direct air path.
Requirements and skills:
- Technical degree in digital electronics, broadcasting, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience including military experience.
- Experience with networked systems, security guidelines and procedures.
- Minimum of two years in a IT environment – Broadcast IT a plus.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Experience with various audio and video equipment including analog, SDI, HDSDI, and video and audio over IP equipment.
- Experience in fabricating and terminating cables and cable assemblies.
Ideal candidate should have a strong balance of education and experience, as well as be able to adapt and learn new technologies as they are implemented into our station.
Contact and resume: Don Kline/Chief Engineer - ph:518-433-4229 email: DKline@news10.com