New York eHealth Collaborative - IT Intern, Corporate Support Services
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeCs policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
NYeC is seeking an IT Intern to join our Corporate Support Services team to provide exceptional service for our employees and who is eager to learn multiple technologies and gain experience across all facets of the corporate IT environment. This individual will work with and receive support from the Corporate Support team.
This role will be based out of the Albany, NY office. This role has a hybrid work schedule with 1 day per week (currently Tuesdays) required to be operated out of the Albany, NY office location. There may be other days that our staff are in the office that we would ask this person to come in (as able with their school schedule). This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
This is a paid internship for current, full-time students. This internship will begin by June 2023 and continue through the summer with the potential to continue through the academic year. Interns may work up to 25 hours per week (part-time schedule). The rate for this role is $20 per hour.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://www.nyehealth.org/careers/
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and deliver user trainings, materials and support for new corporate services, polices and or application deployments
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, or online via email, phone, Teams or Zoom
- Monitor, maintain, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software requests/issues
- Window laptops, iPhones, Printers
- Audio/Video Conference Technology, Teams, Zoom
- New or existing employee workstation setups: Laptops, Phone, Power strips, Monitors, Docking stations;
- Follow standard help desk procedures, collaborate and or escalate problems to correct resource as needed;
- Log all help desk interactions in the Jira ticketing system;
- Follow-up with users (internal NYeC staff) to ensure complete resolution of tickets;
- Assist with training and in-service events for staff for new and revised software and hardware;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year degree program majoring in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar field
- Knowledge in Windows 10, Microsoft 365, iPhone
- Understanding of basic networking concepts and protocols; DNS, DHCP, VPN, SD-WAN, LAN/WAN, Wi- Fi
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service, team, and collaboration skills
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written form
- Exercise independent judgment within defined parameters
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours during Monday Friday 9:00am 5:00pm and maintain a hybrid schedule of combined remote and in-office work.
NYeC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with everything listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.nyehealth.org. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.