IT Security & Facilities/Mail Services, Professional, Security Engineer #916
A Security Engineer works to ensure MVP’s systems and business critical functions are secure and available. In this position they will design, build, test, and implement security systems within MVP’s business and IT environment. The Security Engineer must have a good understanding of MVP's IT systems to anticipate possible security risks, identify areas of weakness, and respond effectively to possible security incidents and breaches. They will be responsible for assisting with the building, maintenance and administration of the MVP’s security infrastructure. They will work the security architect and mentor the security analysts with security support and incident response.
- Guide and oversee Security Analysts in their duties and responsibilities.
- Understanding of the MVP’s technology and IT systems.
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses.
- Following and improving security playbooks and runbooks.
- Assist Security Architect with planning, researching, and designing security architectures.
- Reviewing current system and application security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements.
- Provide security guidance for any IT projects.
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of IT security.
- Perform and review vulnerability scan results and vendor alerts. Assist with patch management process ensuring critical patches are applied in a timely manner.
- Assisting with developing, reviewing, and approving the security requirements for all applications and systems including servers, endpoints and network devices.
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
- Working with Enterprise Architects to implement software security standards across the environment, ensuring all approved software meets those standards.
- Participate in all facets of security requirements gathering, prioritization, development, testing, and execution of requests.
- Build strong cross-organizational relationships. Work collaboratively across the IT organization.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and obtaining security certifications.
- Assist with security table-top exercises
- Participate in the security queue rotation being available on-call after normal hours and weekends.
- Assist Architect with monitoring and alerting is comprehensive and up to date in SIEM.
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years’ work experience in related health care business or IT position.
- 3+ years’ experience with IT Security technologies.
- Experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
- Experience with Incident Response and Security Event Investigations.
- Solid understanding of endpoint security.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure technologies and how to secure them.
- Solid understanding of Cloud platforms/solutions and how to secure them
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security.
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions.
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Linux administration.
- Good working knowledge of Software development scripting and/or other programming languages
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook.
- Ability to mentor and teach junior level security team members.
- Experience with Network, Server, and End Use Device Security Technologies.
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with application security in an agile development environment.
- Possess the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills with knowledge of network and security software and tools.
- The ability to manage a project including creating a detailed task plan and facilitating the responsible parties to accomplish those tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users.
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.#LI-AD1
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.