IT Specialist I
The IT Specialist I at Whitney Young Health is responsible for the basic level of configuration, installation, support and maintenance of the Whitney M. Young Health Services computing network infrastructure and all attached and unattached computers and their associated devices. The managed growth of the computers, devices and network infrastructure is a premiere concern and activity of this position.
- Install new, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair existing desktop computers, laptop/notebook computers, printers, peripheral hardware and software.
- Create network operating system Images including all the software applications used by WYH, to be deployed to Desktops/laptops and tablets.
- Configure and maintain Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign On (SSO), security certificates and other network security protocols.
- Add/remove/maintain users in Active Directory, SharePoint, EHR, Cisco
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems used by Whitney Young Health.
- Provide user support and problem resolution for desktop computers, network access, E-mail, Web, and server based applications.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Train users on proper network, workstation, PC, and software/application use.
- Orient new employees regarding WYH computing environment and security policies.
- Provide technical input to policies/procedures for installation, use, and maintenance of computers, networks, and peripherals.
- Recommend hardware and software for purchase.
- Operate and maintain Windows desktop/Tablet Edition Workstations.
- Install and terminate network wires for PC’s Printers and network devices.
- Plan, schedule, test, and implement computer disaster recovery.
- Perform Daily/Monthly system and data backup and check the integrity of the backed up data so it can be restored in case of a disaster.
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, track and implement customer support operations and maintenance involving central computer systems, networking, PCs, workstations, and Printers hardware/software requirements.
- Call back responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Information Technology or relevant field and one (1) to three (3) years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows network operating system desktop/laptop PC, Antivirus, MS Office Suites, Practice Management, Payroll and Financial systems.
Three (3) to five (5) years’ of relevant experience and current certification of ITIL, CCSP, CISSP, CDP or other relevant IT certification, software, languages and technology.
Also required is experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on servers, desktop and laptop PCs. Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops and laptops. Extensive experience of troubleshooting network, software, peripheral hardware problems. Experience with network security and performance analysis. Outstanding customer service skills to provide exceptional client support. Must be proactive, self-driven, and able to resolve problems with minimal direction and oversight. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel between sites as needed also required.
Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, Healthcare, or financial and billing processes.
Please be aware that as a facility regulated under Article 28 of the New York State Public Health Law, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment. Whitney Young Health also requires the COVID-19 booster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Salary range: $25 - $29 hourly