Job Cost Accountant
Northeastern Association of the Blind At Albany (NABA) operates a full-time, fully integrated manufacturing department that provides employment opportunities and produces high quality products. Our manufacturing department provides a wide range of employment opportunities for blind and visually impaired individuals working side-by-side with sighted employees. Some of NABA’s products include traffic safety vests, neck tabs for women’s military uniforms, coveralls, safety flags, cable ties, and green cleaning products. Some of NABA’s largest customers include the Navy, Army, Marines, New York City Transit Authority, New York State Department of Transportation, Department of Corrections, Metro North Railroad, and the Long Island Railroad.
The Job Cost Accountant is responsible for current pricing on products and services and the reduction of the Agency’s financial waste and increasing profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data management — includes: Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor. They will need to analyze this data and record results; analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods and services provided, to determine effects on cost; must work closely with NYPSP in timely submission of pricing data.
- Financial reporting and forecasting —includes: Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; recording cost information (direct/indirect) for use in controlling expenditures; providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services; MUST work closely with the CFO.
- Tracking/Recording—includes: Creating, updating and maintaining Master Tracking log and other tools/reports as directed in the course of performing assigned functions to capture metrics and monitor status of assigned work in a timely and accurate manner
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with SAGE accounting software, preferred
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with pivot tables, advanced formulas, graphs and dashboards)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
In order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the employee must be able to:
- Analyze and solve problems;
- Process computer data and format and generate reports;
- Exert light physical effort, with discretion about walking, standing, etc., and with occasional lifting of lightweight objects;
- Communicate clearly and precisely in face-to-face, written, and telephone interactions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour