The Pharmacy Skills Lab seeks applicants for the position of Laboratory Assistant to provide support to all Lab Faculty in 3 skills lab courses each semester; this is approximately 200 students in each course (up to 21 lab sections each week). This position is part time and will work approximately 50 hours biweekly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Entering student grades and attendance, tracking required paperwork (statement of understanding, etc) copying of quizzes, handouts and other materials needed for upcoming lab session, weighing, measuring and labeling materials for lab, and managing efficient turnaround of returning paper work to students;
• Assisting during lab activities when needed as time keeper or other appropriate roles;
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of lab; ensure benches, sink areas, cabinets and floors are clean and ready for use at all times;
• Replacement of chemicals or other products as needed throughout the day;
• Lab preparation may include chemical preparations, filling of ointment jars or other containers, and clean up;
• Ensure proper handling and disposal of all chemicals and products according to safety guidelines and maintain required paperwork.
• Perform daily and weekly check of equipment operation and document according to guidelines. This includes temperature checks for refrigerators; flushing of eyewash stations and other duties as indicated.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Microsoft Office Programs
• 2-3 years experience working in a lab environment.
• Associate’s Degree
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
For more information or to apply, visit Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Applicant Portal | Laboratory Assistant (acphs.edu)