Leader, Enterprise Risk Management #898
This role can be Virtual within NY State
At MVP Health Care we are committed to delivering high-quality care to our members and our communities. The Leader, Enterprise Risk Management is a critical part of this commitment and will work with leaders across the organization to help MVP achieve its strategic objectives and be the difference for our customers.MVP is looking for an experienced leader to lead our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team in the assessment, prioritization, monitoring and reporting of enterprise risks and mitigation plans.This Leader will also oversee our Business Continuity Program that exists to keep MVP’s critical business functions operational in the event of an unexpected disruption to our technology, buildings and/or infrastructure. The individual must have a strategic mindset, while also being able to understand and analyze complex data and relationships.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Supervise staff including interviewing, selection, on-boarding, development and training, performance management, coaching and corrective action.
- Lead annual risk assessment and prioritization processes
- Work with leaders across the organization to understand emerging risks and identify action plans
- Maintain an up-to-date risk register that effectively identifies key risk information necessary to support and inform business decisions and annual planning
- Work with leaders across the organization to update, maintain and evolve components of MVP’s Business Continuity Program
- Report key risk and business continuity information to the Enterprise Risk Management Committee and the Compliance and Risk Oversight Committee of the Board of Directors
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance with ERM, Business Continuity, and ORSA regulatory standards and requirements
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of MVP’s risk profile to key stakeholders and ensure that key stakeholders are adequately trained
- Review and update, as necessary, the company’s ERM policy, training protocols and processes to support the organization’s strategic objectives using best-practice approaches
- Minimal travel between MVP offices
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, Audit or another related field; MBA preferred
5 or more years of experience in the development, implementation and/or management of ERM and resiliency programs.
Experience in the development, implementation and/or management of Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Programs
3 or more years of people management experience.
Experience working in healthcare preferred.
Certification in risk management preferred.
- Strong understanding of enterprise risk, operational risk, third party risk, compliance, technology and information security risk, controls, assessment techniques, and risk management best practices.
- Understanding of emerging risks, industry trends and benchmarking
- Understanding of ERM risk governance
- Knowledge and experience in relevant risk industry data sources, standards/frameworks (E.g. COSO, ISO, NIST, FFIEC), data analysis/GRC tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant business continuity industry data sources, standards/frameworks, data analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience leading, managing and performing risk assessments and training efforts
- Experience with identifying metrics for reporting and monitoring and preparing executive level status reports.
- Superior written and oral communication, collaboration, presentation, and facilitation skills. Proven ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external) and to leadership and executives. Experience collaborating with and influencing multiple stakeholders to solve a complex problem.
- Ability to understand complex business processes across the company and associated risks.
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Knowledge of health plan core business processes and operation
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.