Leader, Quality Innovation #869
Status: Full-time, Exempt
MVP’s Quality department focuses on improving the clinical well-being of MVP members by focusing on improving key metrics of care. The Quality department is seeking a fast paced, innovative, and driven candidate for the position of Leader, Quality Innovation. This position is responsible for leading and improving upon MVP’s organizational wide analytically driven quality improvement process intended to produce better member care and reduce health disparities. This role is also responsible for the evaluation of effectiveness of quality improvement efforts, including tracking of efforts and reporting of results to upper management. This role is responsible for the holistic oversight and management of MVP’s quality performance across clinical and non-clinical measure categories, as well as MVP’s performance in state and federal based financial quality incentive programs, including the Medicare CMS STARs Program, and the NYS QARR, HARP and Essential Plan programs.
- Lead a team of program managers to coordinate the organizational interdisciplinary operational model intended to allow for continuous improvement in quality performance to improve member outcomes
- Supporting development and execution of a multi-year improvement strategy and annual plan of action to maximize the business goals, objectives and key performance metrics.
- Partnering with key stakeholders (clinical and non-clinical) to identify, execute and measure initiatives to improve administrative and clinical measures which impact quality measures scores.
- Working with field teams to develop and execute a provider engagement strategy in support of closing Quality and Risk gaps with key strategic partners
- Driving the development of targeted performance data and distribution efforts, both internally and externally to provider partners.
A key component of this role is demonstrating a passion about transforming our healthcare system for those who need it most. The role requires frequent cross departmental collaborations and conducting briefings. This position will require significant creativity, organization, motivation, and attention to detail.
This position can be worked onsite or as a hybrid position - a combination of working remotely (virtually) from within New York with the ability to work from one of our NY office locations with some regularity (1-2 days per week). Location near one of MVPs New York state office locations strongly preferred (Schenectady, Rochester, Tarrytown). It is strongly preferred that applicants possess prior experience with applicable NY State regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Analytics or Health Sciences/Services related degree strongly preferred. Candidates who possess an Associate’s degree with the equivalent combination of related experience may also be considered.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in healthcare or managed care industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects at once while achieving desired results required.
- Experience in Quality Improvement and/or with HEDIS strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with NCQA quality submission requirements strongly preferred
- Possess strong planning skills with the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills with detailed knowledge of healthcare operations and datasets.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users.
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. We are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,700 diverse, employees from all backgrounds, committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone we serve. MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), and the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Please apply and learn more – including how you may become a proud member of our team.