Leader, Quality Operations
Status: Full-time, Exempt
MVP’s Quality department focuses on improving the clinical well-being of MVP members by focusing on improving key metrics of care. The Quality department is seeking a highly driven, detail-oriented candidate for the position of Leader, Quality Operations. This position will direct report to the Sr. Leader, Quality Measurement and Improvement and lead a program management function responsible for overseeing key strategic and operational components of the Quality department. This includes providing strategic planning support for Leadership, managing Quality-driven vendor relationships, and supporting projects, programs, and initiatives across the department as needed to ensure desired results are achieved. This position will also have accountability for development of the NCQA HEDIS Roadmap document in support of annual Quality submissions (including HEDIS / QARR / Stars / Marketplace / Essential Plan submissions to NCQA, CMS and the NYSDOH). The candidate should be analytical and be able to capture Quality business requirements and liaison with technical and analytical teams across the organization. The candidate should be an independent thinker, curious, a strong collaborator, have excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple demands in an aggressive paced environment.
Specifically, this candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight for development of the annual NCQA HEDIS Roadmap
- Understanding and communicating Quality needs related to data and analytics
- Managing processes to improve strategic planning and prioritization efforts
- Supporting continuous process improvement and innovation, and helping to identify, promote, and drive activities that support
- Ensuring that business users can access the information needed to perform their respective roles. Providing user support, documentation, and training as needed.
- Communicating with management on status of projects including resource gaps and needs.
- Overseeing Quality communications throughout MVP
- Monitoring the external environment related to Quality improvement
- Managing, mentoring, and developing staff in alignment with Quality goals, including interviewing, selection, on-boarding, development and training, performance management, coaching and corrective action.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Analytics or Health Sciences/Services related degree strongly preferred. Candidates who possess an Associates’ degree with the equivalent combination of related experience may also be considered.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in healthcare or managed care industry required.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects at once while achieving desired results required.
- Experience in Quality Improvement and/or with HEDIS strongly preferred.
- Prior management or supervisor experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with NCQA quality submission requirements strongly preferred
- Possess strong personnel management skills.
- Possess strong planning skills with the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills with detailed knowledge of healthcare operations and datasets.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and end users.
- Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.