The Machinist position is responsible for operating a full range of machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines, and boring, honing, and surfacing machines independently under general supervision. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Produce high quality machine parts in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
- Work individually as well as with fellow employees to meet departmental efficiency, delivery, and quality goals
- Follow direction and take criticism and/or praise in a professional manner
- Identify, analyze, and solve problems and be able to reach acceptable and workable solutions
- Exhibit the willingness to make decisions when appropriate, but also identify the proper times to defer decisions to Management when necessary
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manufacturing Supervisor, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Shop Supervisor
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- H.S. Diploma required
- Proven knowledge in Shop Math and in the use of measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Must be hardworking, reliable, honest, and take pride in workmanship
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining high quality performance
- Must possess proven working knowledge of all types of Manual machine tools, CNC machine tools, and machine tooling (drills, taps, mills, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding and interpretation of blueprints
- Three (3) years’ experience as a journey-level machinist or completion of a recognized training program in the field of machining
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA looks for in all candidates.
Please go to https://nsh-usa.com/employment/ to apply. Resumes and cover letters can also be submitted by fax to 518-462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled