The major responsibilities of the position include areas of maintenance, physical plant and facilities. Responsibilities include the non-janitorial upkeep of the campus facilities and grounds. The Physical Plant Associate also performs minor and major modifications and repairs to the facility, equipment, and furniture. The Physical Plant Associate also performs minor and major modifications and repairs to the facility, equipment, and furniture.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, inspects and reports conditions in need of repair to Physical Plant Director.
- Performs basic building and grounds maintenance, including carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs in all facility buildings.
- Maintains a general understanding of equipment, systems, and facilities in order to perform maintenance duties effectively, under general direction.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance duties as required including, but not limited to, changing filters, light bulbs, cleaning of drains, painting, lubricating equipment.
- Monitors life safety systems (exit signs, emergency signage, etc.) and reports deficiencies to the Physical Plant Director.
- Performs all Physical Plant functions with workplace safety procedures, OSHA requirements, and all applicable federal, state and local regulations, to the extent that the employee is aware of from discussions with the supervisor and training.
- Recommends and implements methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Participate in self-development activities and training of others.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
On-call duties required per schedule.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Plowing/shoveling/salting of campus as needed.
- May need to be available nights/weekends
- Taping and painting skills a plus.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business or as requested by supervisor or management.
- HS/GED or currently in progress.
- General understanding of using power tools
- Clean driver’s license
- Vehicle to allow travel to work in inclement weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
For more information or to apply visit, https://employment.acphs.edu/postings/1298