Maintenance Porter Position in downtown Schenectady
What's in it for you?
We are redefining parking management and having fun doing it! To support our company’s culture of investing in our people, we offer employees the following perks:
- Base Pay - $16-$17/hour
- $300 Referral Bonus!
- Cash Tips Daily
- Flexible Schedule- we are looking for AM, PM and Overnight shifts
- Growth Opportunities
- Pay Activ– On-demand access to earned wages, get up to 50% of your earned wages immediately
- Paid training
The following programs are available to help support you, free of charge.
- Health Coaching & Resources- One-on-one health coaching is available to all employees whether you choose to enroll in LAZ Benefits or not.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) you and eligible members of your household have 24/7 access to confidential counseling.
- Smoking Cessation Program
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical, dental, vision – 3 plan options!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for all janitorial responsibilities for garages and surface lots ensuring they are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis. Interface with customers, handle disputes, provide effective communication between departments, co-workers, customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
- Ensure parking facilities and parking & shuttle administrative offices are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Responsible for general maintenance/groundskeeping of the garage and surface lots – sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, mopping, restocking supplies, etc.
- May need to operate floor sweeper, scrubber, and other light- to medium-duty equipment to ensure areas are clean and safe.
- Responsible for ensuring all daily duties on maintenance checklist are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner consistent with company policies as well as roadway rules and regulations at all times.
- May be requested to provide vehicle assistance and/or general customer service to customers.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Experience with general facility maintenance/groundskeeping preferred.
- Experience in customer relations.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to complete work in a satisfactory manner unsupervised.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat, and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- Ability to operate task-specific machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.