Manager, Quality & Continuous Improvement
The Manager, Quality & Continuous Improvement works closely with the Director of Manufacturing and other departmental leaders to identify key quality issues (process, output, training, etc.) that require definition and improvement commensurate with the company’s strategy and business objectives.
- Directly work with engineering and manufacturing to identify product specifications and quality attributes; measure production; document evidence; determine operational and performance qualification; write and update quality assurance procedures
- Complete product, company, system, and compliance audits to ensure maintenance and identify improvement areas for quality
- Interface with senior management and their direct reports in data collection and interpretation for current processes and desired future processes
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineer(s), Manufacturing Management, and Planning to improve manufacturing/assembly procedures
- Support NSH USA’s lean manufacturing initiative by suggesting process improvements commensurate with lean principles and known quality concerns; will require company provided Lean training and possible Six Sigma training
- Develop and communicate on a regular basis metrics that indicate performance for specific processes against set standards
- Manage quality department staff by identifying, selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations, plan, monitor, appraise, review contributions, enforce policies, and recommend salary actions
- Investigate customer complaints, monitor, and rationalize Cost of Poor-Quality goals (rework plus warranty expense) in support of the company’s profit objectives
- Create, develop, and maintain processes for customer acceptance and inspection and insure completeness and readiness for factory acceptance testing
- Support Purchasing with strategic outsourcing and supplier quality monitoring; for example, provide Internal Consulting to Purchasing on an “as needed basis”
- Possible travel may be required to strategic vendors, customers, and ‘benchmark target’ companies; provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Act as Management Representative for any possible future ISO 9001 registration
- Manage overtime
- Set departmental goals
- Complete a yearly performance appraisal form for direct reports on their anniversary date
- Recommend salary increase based on improved performance and overall appraisal
- Enforce safety and work rules, initiating disciplinary actions when required
- Complete all assigned duties with minimum supervision
- Perform any other related duties required to successfully accomplish the position of Manager – Quality and Process Improvement
- Reports to the President & COO
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Process improvement skills
- Analyze and interpret data and information to develop associated corrective action plans
- Strategic planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly in utilization of data presentation and collection
- Inform and convince others
- Drive for continuous improvement and experience in lean manufacturing techniques a plus
- High standards and emphasis on excellence and “building quality in”
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and ability to deal with complexity
- College degree in engineering or related discipline OR industry or related experience
- Excellent communication skills within all levels of organization
- Strong leadership skills
- Successfully issue directives, delegate responsibility, and skillfully motivate other employees
- Knowledge of measuring/inspection tools
- Experience in reading and understanding blueprints as well as overall understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Please go to https://nsh-usa.com/employment/ to apply. Resumes and cover letters can also be submitted by fax to 518-462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled