The Managing Editor is responsible for researching, writing, and editing digital and print content to advance the College’s presence among internal and external audiences of ACPHS, while supporting the strategic plan and priorities of ACPHS. This position will research, write, edit, maintain, and produce content for new and existing communications. Significant and demonstrated skill in copywriting, copyediting, story development, fact-checking and proofreading required. Writing and editing experience using the Associated Press style is required. The Managing Editor must have demonstrated ability to identify newsworthy topics, conduct research and interviews, write compelling copy, edit documents, and produce content for College communications platforms.
- Successful experience as a resourceful writer and editor.
- Significant and demonstrated skill in copywriting, copyediting, story development, fact-checking and proofreading required.
- Writing and editing experience using the Associated Press style.
- Ability to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills to create content for the College’s print, online and social media channels.
- In-depth knowledge of content management systems to create and manage web content.
- Must be able to balance projects on multiple platforms, demonstrate careful management of resources, and possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of constituencies with diplomacy, flexibility, and sensitivity.
- Ability to use software to track and report analytics to measure content engagement.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a creative and strategic team environment.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- Be self-directed, self-motivated, and self-sufficient.
- Take responsibility for decisions, performance, and outcomes; behaves in a responsible manner with a positive attitude; shows self-awareness and openness to feedback.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends, as required.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and issues with confidentiality and represent the College professionally.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, English, or similar relevant field
- At least three to five years in writing, editing, content creation, and project management
- Previous professional experience as writer/editor, communications professional, or journalist is desired
For more information or to apply visit, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Applicant Portal | Managing Editor (acphs.edu)