The Mechanic position assembles, disassembles, and repairs specialized industrial machinery and related equipment in a machine tool manufacturing setting independently under general supervision. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Assemble machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and drawings
- Assemble and disassemble equipment using hand tools and power tools
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, and hand tools
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment as needed
- Perform a variety of tasks/duties that may change often
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by the Shop Supervisor, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Shop Supervisor
- Other duties as required by the Shop Supervisor or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within the job scope
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years' experience as an entry- to mid-level mechanic or completion of a recognized training program in the field of mechanical assembly
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and follow instructions
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and use logical step-by-step procedures to complete tasks
- Experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, power transmissions, and tubing/piping preferred
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Please go to https://nsh-usa.com/employment/ to apply. Resumes and cover letters can also be submitted by fax to 518-462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Salary: $21.00 - $30.00 per hour