The Mechanic position assembles, disassembles, and repairs specialized industrial machinery and related equipment in a machine tool manufacturing setting independently under general supervision. Personnel in the Specialist Track are direct labor personnel who are highly skilled in a specific trade who may also have limited skills in other trades and add value inside the manufacturing environment. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Assemble machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and drawings
- Assemble and disassemble equipment using hand tools and power tools
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, and hand tools
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment as needed
- Perform a variety of tasks/duties that may change often
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by the Training Manager – Assembly/Field Service or any other Manager, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Training Manager – Assembly/Field Service
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years experience as a journey-level mechanic or completion of a recognized training program in the field of mechanical assembly
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and follow instructions
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and use logical step-by-step procedures to complete tasks
- Experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, power transmissions, and tubing/piping preferred
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Resume and cover letters can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (518) 462-0371, or by regular mail to HR Dept., 1700 North Broadway, Albany, NY 12204. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran