POSITION: Mechanical Engineer, System Solutions
LOCATION: Albany, NY
SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineer is a vital team member that supports activities related to the development and continual operation of Plug Power’s electrolyzer products. This position is responsible for the specification, analysis, testing, and integration of mechanical and electromechanical components used in hydrogen generating systems. These components include pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, filters, valves, instrumentation, piping and fittings. The Mechanical Engineer also provides expertise as related to system design, mechanical assemblies, development of drawings, system troubleshooting, documentation, and more. The role needs a skilled collaborator who is able to engage cross-functionally with various team members in order to align efforts and synergize work activities affecting electrolyzer products.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to thoroughly understand Plug Power’s electrolyzer system projects including but not limited to relevant codes & standards, hydrogen production technology, customer site requirements, troubleshooting history, design limitations, and optimal system performance targets.
- Read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and control strategies as necessary.
- Develop engineering drawings and procedures as needed to support H2 generation systems and project work; examples include Factory Acceptance Tests, Field Installation Diagrams, Commissioning Procedures, and Maintenance/Troubleshooting Guides
- Partner closely with process engineering team members while providing input related to component usage, layout/design, performance needs/constraints, and overall system specifications to help optimize design efforts.
- Manage the engineering change control process for large equipment, documents, and detailed Bills of Material (BOMs).
- Build relationships and engage in regular communications with cross-functional colleagues in departments such as: field service, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality in order to understand the functional requirements of electrolyzer products in each.
- Analyze and test components used in electrolyzer system design; document findings and provide suggestions for system refinement and improvements.
- Lead efforts to integrate components into electrolyzer system designs; partner cross-functionally to ensure seamless communication and execution.
- Assist with troubleshooting as needed to maintain system uptime for customers.
- Collaborate with internal project teams as necessary for system deployments.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in project-based engineering functions and mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to travel as needed in the domestic U.S. to customer sites for infrastructure project work; approximately 10% to 20% of the time.
- Mechanical systems expertise and troubleshooting ability.
- Experience in any of the following spheres of activity is preferred and highly valued:
- Hydrogen and/or fuel cells
- Industrial gas
- Cryogenic Industry
- High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up)
- Gas processing and/or dispensing equipment
- Oil and Gas, CNG, LNG, etc…
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
To apply, please visit https://m3placement.com/job/mechanical-engineer-system-solutions/