Mechanical Engineer/Designer, Entry Level
Engineer/Designer, Entry Level
BBS Architects, Landscape Architects & Engineers, P.C. is currently seeking an entry level/ early
career Mechanical Engineer/Designer for the firm’s Albany office.
BBS Architects, Landscape Architects & Engineers, P.C. is a NY-based, ENR New York Top 100 design
firm, and No. 20 on the 2019 Building Design & Construction’s nation-wide School Sector Giants
list. At BBS, we continually strive for excellence in providing integrated architectural, landscape
architectural and M/E/P engineering solutions to help our clients successfully plan, design, and
build their projects.
BBS is a multi-disciplined firm with a wide range of consulting services located in-house,
successfully delivering projects for over 40 years in the K-12/Higher Educational/Municipal
markets. With 75% of our valued staff being employed at BBS for over 10 years, and many for over
20 years, our vision is long term, and it includes the most talented individuals in the industry.
At BBS you will contribute to a wide range of projects that help our clients understand the
challenges placed before them today while connecting them to the future. We support a workplace
culture that encourages innovation, creativity, and camaraderie.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking an entry level or early career Mechanical Engineer/Designer to participate in and be
responsible for the design, production, and planning aspects for projects of varying types,
complexities, scopes and budgets. Previous public-sector experience is preferred. Candidates
should be dedicated self-starters able to work independently when necessary and also have
experience working on teams with other professionals, including senior and project level
architects and engineers, project managers, and technical designers. The Candidate should also
have a dedication to the profession with a strong, self-motivated desire to learn and progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities will vary but may include existing conditions documentation through
design development, renderings, presentations, construction documents, and quality control. We
expect you will:
• Pro-actively contributes to projects from conceptual design through construction
closeout, multiple at one time, under supervision of a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager.
• Understands and designs building engineering systems, i.e. building HVAC, heating
plant, piping and plumbing systems.
• Produces construction documents and technical specifications for public bidding.
Follows production schedules and is able to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines.
• Works well with in-house design teams of other project architects and engineers,
designers, technicians and outside consultants, and works well with Construction Managers and
• Meets quality control requirements, cost budgets, and time deadlines as necessary to
ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
• Contributes to growing our Albany practice through new business development
initiatives including but not limited to assistance with new client outreach, follow-up, and
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills and experience will vary according to the level of the position however the following are
minimal requirements of all positions:
• Associates of Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Strong design and technical skills. Understands and contributes to the process and
workflow of an A/E project design team, works within established cost budgets and timelines.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills. Self-driven desire to learn
and grow professionally, independence, ability to multi-task and to meet multiple simultaneous
deadlines, client interaction and presentations.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Office preferred.
Preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12/higher education experience.
• Comprehensive, competitive compensation package.
• Group health insurance, dental insurance, and vision discount program.
• Company-paid group life insurance.
• Supplemental life, spousal and dependent life and AFLAC plans available.
• 401k plan.
• Company-paid vacation and sick/personal time.
• Professional development program, professional licensing/certifications
If interested please send your resume to Bryan Manning, AIA, at email@example.com
BBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.