Full Time: 40 hours / week
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Contact – Communicates with clients, financial advisors, insurance companies via mail, email and telephone to gather information necessary to complete an application.
- Problem Solving – Proactively anticipates and resolves issues quickly to move the Application forward.
- Information Intake – Gathers and organizes necessary document (financial records, vital statistics, etc.) to file a completed Medicaid Application with DSS.
- Process Improvement – Makes recommendations to improve processes that will increase the service quality and efficiency and responsiveness to clients.
- Client Meetings – Meets with the client initially to have Medicaid application and supporting documents signed. Further meetings as needed to gather information.
- Timely Follow-Up - Organizes and prioritizes work so that deadlines are consistently meet.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience working as Medicaid paralegal or in a Medicaid related environment.
- Excellent client service and communications skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent proof-reading skills and attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze bank and other financial statements in order to track financial transactions between several different investment vehicles.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
Salary Range: $50-60K per year