Member Services Associate, Care Center Representative #852
Provides optimum customer service as required to maintain existing members and prevent cancellations. The Care Center Representative must take full responsibility for every call to ensure callers concerns are met. Provides world class customer care to internal and external customers while consistently adhering to all call handling objectives, i.e., hold time, talk time, after call work, schedule adhere and quality assurance.
- Correctly responds to all Department of Health audit calls on a consistent basis.
- Acts as a liaison between our internal and external customers.
- Responds promptly, accurately, and effectively to all calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Responds to all calls timely and have a clear understanding of call avoidance, such as but not limited to: short calls, intentional disconnects, inappropriate transfers and inappropriate use of hold button.
- Performs data input in a highly accurate and timely manner on all customer contacts.
- Simultaneously accesses multiple databases while addressing customer’s needs.
- Research information needed to accurately respond to customer’s needs. Asks appropriate questions to ensure a clear understanding of customer’s concern.
- Clearly explains all policies and procedures on both incoming and out-going calls. On an ongoing basis, educates members about their benefits and MVP’s procedures.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of all lines of business. Has the technical skills required to be able to perform task efficiently.
- Delivers information in a clear and confident manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent when possesses customer service employment experience.
Post high school education (Associates degree, college courses) preferred
Minimum 1 – 3 years customer service experience and/or relevant office experience required
Experience in positions where adherence to strict confidentiality is required
Healthcare, health insurance experience preferred Call Center experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills with effective oral and written communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit good judgment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including superior accountability and follow through
- Demonstrated PC skills using Microsoft applications
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) excellent telephone/communication skills
Remote Work Requirements:
This position may be worked remotely (virtually) from any location within Rochester, Tarrytown or Schenectady.
The candidate must be able to work from home and perform the position duties in a virtual setting. The home office setting must have reliable internet provided by the candidate. Office equipment required to perform the job duties will be provided and it is the responsibility of the candidate to keep the equipment in working order. The home office setting must be a quiet, private, and dedicated workspace during the assigned work hours.
Training required: 4- 5 weeks of paid training in a classroom setting, which may be in a virtual setting or in-person at an MVP location. Training will be held Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We will be happy to train you, but you must come in with great customer service skills – those we can’t train! Following training, individuals will move to their regular work schedule of Full-time, Monday – Friday, ranging from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Throughout the year some weekend shifts are required. This position is in office or remote. Start date for this position is 8/9/2021.#LI-AD1