Mobile Market Assistant
The Mobile Market Assistant works alongside the program coordinator, performing various tasks essential to the operation of Capital Roots’ traveling produce markets. The Veggie Mobile® and the Veggie Mobile® Sprout are an integral part of Capital Roots’ food hub, delivering produce to communities with limited access to fresh food.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Willingness to participate and engage in a dynamic team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a friendly, outgoing, and positive disposition
- Experience working with diverse communities including people of all ages and backgrounds
- Excellent problem solving, as well as a genuine interest in the areas of nutrition, education and public health
- Must be comfortable driving a 16’ box truck (no CDL required); must have a valid driver's license with the ability to drive and a driving record acceptable for insurance coverage
- Ability to lift boxes in excess of 50 pounds
- The successful candidate must possess a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots
- Execute the mobile market programs effectively: engaging all customers, solving unique logistical problems, and have an innate ability to build genuine and trusting relationships among participants, volunteers and co-workers
- Maintain collaborative relationships with mobile market stop partners and staff
- Conduct outreach to constituent communities, related organizations and service partners
- Assist in the day-to-day finances and sales data for both mobile market programs, as well as tracking sales trends and customers served
- Support the daily functions of the Produce Market including stocking, cleaning and cashing out customers
- Safely operate a 16’ box truck market for purchases, keeping and culling produce, stocking shelves, and keeping the markets clean, functioning at capacity, and looking sharp
- Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings, and other duties as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This is a non-exempt full time, year-round position (40 hours per week) with a salary of $28,080. The schedule is generally Monday-Friday. We cover 100% of your medical insurance and 75% of dental insurance upon hire (a benefit of ~$7,000). In addition to generous vacation time we observe 11 holidays – including three floating holidays – and offer personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan and are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences.
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Marissa Peck, Retail Markets Director
Capital Roots | 594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
NO CALLS PLEASE!