Mobile Markets Manager
OBJECTIVE: To expand access to fresh, healthy affordable foods in our region through Capital Roots’ Veggie Mobile® and the Veggie Mobile® Sprout. These mobile produce markets were the first of their kind in the country and serve tens of thousands of families in the Capital Region each year. Requires an organized and self-motivated candidate with staff leadership skills and a commitment to community food security.
QUALIFICATIONS: 3 years of relevant work experience required (including 2 years of management), Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Staff and project management experience, excellent customer service and communication skills are essential; previous experience with retail sales and food are a plus. Must have a valid driver's license with the ability to drive a box truck and a driving record acceptable for insurance coverage, a positive attitude, experience working with diverse communities, high energy level and possess a genuine interest in the mission of our organization; plus the ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Supervise all aspects of the Mobile Markets Program (the Veggie Mobile® and the Veggie Mobile® Sprout) services including the market stops and the Taste and Take program
• Manage the Mobile Market Assistants, and work with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage volunteers and interns
• Train staff, volunteers, and interns in hospitality and customer service
• Work with the Marketing Team to develop and implement outreach and education materials for the Mobile Markets
• Coordinate Mobile Market finances, including monitoring grant budgets and maintaining daily/monthly accounting reports
• Maintain regular reporting and data collection efforts including those associated with programmatic outputs, local food purchasing, financial information, grant deliverables and others requirements as needed
• Work directly with Retail Markets Director to ensure goals and needs are met for programs
• Collaborate with and support other members of the Capital Roots’ team to create cross-program collaboration and efficiency, create staff development opportunities and cultivate our unique organizational culture
SALARY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time, year-round position paid at an annual rate of $33,280 per year, in a flexible work environment. We offer comprehensive medical insurance and partially covered dental insurance upon hire (benefit valued at ~$8,000). In addition to generous vacation time, we observe 11 paid holidays and offer paid personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan and are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program.
About Capital Roots: Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences.
Send cover letter and resume to (no calls please):
Marissa Peck, Retail Markets Director
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org