Morning Traffic & Content Anchor
The Morning Traffic & Content Anchor serves as a key presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
WTEN/WXXA in Albany is looking for a Traffic & Content Anchor to join our weekday morning show. We need a hands-on anchor who is ready to lead by example. You must be a team player and community-minded.
Our anchors are working journalists. The ideal person for this role is a highly organized self-starter that is not intimidated by a large workload. This anchor must maintain an on-air persona that is high-energy, friendly, and direct. Creating unique traffic content is a priority, though the candidate must also excel at presenting breaking news and relevant content. They need to have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms. This position plays an important role in making News10 ABC in the Morning stand out as an elite local newscast. Applicants should have at least three years of on-air anchoring experience and two years of reporting experience.
- Collecting, writing, and reporting traffic reports for NEWS10 in the Morning platforms
- Present breaking news stories and other content for all platforms
- Ensure all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily.
- Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Build a network of sources who supply information that allows the Station to stay ahead of its competitors.
- Write and deliver news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with management and team members.
- Assist in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Act as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conduct interviews with news personnel and others.
- Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participate in promotional activities including public appearances and community volunteer opportunities.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Shoot video on station equipment.
- Edit video clips as assigned.
- Write content for the website and other digital platforms.
- Interact with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Promote teamwork and maintain attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in news anchoring and two years of on-camera news reporting.
- Superior on-air presence.
Strong knowledge and familiarity with Capital Region traffic patterns, highways, and most used routes.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Morning Traffic & Content Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Morning Traffic & Content Anchor must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
To Apply, please log on to www.News10.com.