EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Reports to: Retail Lending Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Salary Grade: NE12
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Mortgage Loan Processor’s primary responsibility is to manage the clerical/administrative portions of the residential lending process. Tasks include managing the loan process, collecting additional documentation as required by underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Verify all Encompass database information against original documents for accuracy.
- Perform preliminary review of credit reports.
- Coordination of property appraisals and appraisal delivery to customer.
- Ordering flood determinations.
- Generate and send Loan Estimate, Settlement Service Provider's, Home Counseling Providers paperwork.
- Tracking receipt of 3-day disclosures.
- Run Mavent Compliance Testing.
- Preliminary and final review of loan documentation.
- Send customer correspondence.
- Maintain daily pipeline and provide support to all branch personnel and customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
- An Associate’s degree, or higher, in business related field.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm and some Saturdays. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel using personal vehicle, occasional overnight travel. Valid driver’s license required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
Treatment during employment
Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
Selection for training, including apprenticeship
Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
For more information and to apply: