Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Alaant Workforce Solutions wants all interested applicants to know we hire a diverse workforce and are actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity policies.
Established, stable financial institution seeks an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter. Experience should include conventional mortgage underwriting, with home equity loan underwriting. The ideal candidate will be open to reporting to the Albany office daily.
Company offers a work life balance, without excessive hours. Solid benefits package.
Work in a growing department! Opportunities for career advancement.
As the Mortgage Loan Underwriter, you will utilize sound judgement and underwriting skills to quickly evaluate loan applications for risk and approve loan requests, which are structured to perform to meet member needs.
Job duties include:
- Provide timely lending decisions to ensure that member service is of the highest priority
- Utilize policy and procedure to build performing loans
- Document adverse actions as needed and prepare systems to produce denial letters
- Conduct credit analysis on each loan application including cash flow analysis, debt ratio calculation, credit scoring and collateral valuation
- Provide and ensure that all regulatory disclosures are sent in a timely and compliant manner
- Develop cross-sell and up-sell opportunities to maximize member relationship
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas
Successful candidates will possess the following skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of previous lending experience in credit union or banking environment
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of conventional mortgage underwriting experience
- Familiar with automated underwriting systems, preferably Client Desktop Underwriters
- Demonstrated commitment to making performing loans
- Adept at utilizing most current technology and software
- Possesses critical thinking skills and applies learned lending principles according to the unique needs of each member and their risk profile
We are actively recruiting for this role with an immediate start date. Interviews, hiring, onboarding and training will be done onsite with proper protocols in place supporting health and safety.
For more details on this role contact:
Amy Alvarez, Director, Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518.689.0706