The Nutrition Aide is a 35 hour a week, school year position responsible for completing routine kitchen/dining room/food chores for a Head Start Daycare site. Prepares necessary food and serving items or service prior to or after use. Participates in kitchen clean up, inventory and other kitchen tasks as requested. Shops for home based programming needs.
- Prepare and serve food and assist in any food related activities as directed and menus as approved by registered dietitian/nutritionist.
- Responsible for inventory of all necessary supplies, food and equipment used for food services operations.
- Implement a cost effective food service program according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain the kitchen, storage and food service areas in a safe and healthy condition.
- Assist in the office and classroom as needed.
Position offers $11.80 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with a resume.
- High School diploma/GED. Experience in food service helpful.
- Knowledge of nutrition and the food groups, basic food preparation and food sanitation.
- Experience working with children in a daycare or classroom setting.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds. Knowledge of local resources, customs and language helpful.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds of kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
- Clear criminal records check with a statewide Central Register Database Check (Child Abuse Clearance).
- An initial health exam prior to employment with acceptable tuberculosis screening results.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time, Paid School Breaks
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
For more information or to apply visit www.saratogaeoc.org