OFFICE ASSISTANT (Full-time) Ballston Spa Commons
Strong administrative candidate needed to perform all office/clerical duties as required for smooth operation of the office and other duties to support the staff including filing, delivering mail, document tracking, meeting coordination, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages for regional level offices. Fill-in for classroom ratio when needed.
- Ensuring general office administration and support functions.
- Maintaining data entry files/systems and family files.
- Handling telephone communication with tact and courtesy.
- Copying/scanning as requested from staff and supervisor.
- Distributing mail to families, staff, management and main office.
- Maintain inventory and supplies, coordinate orders when necessary.
- Maintain approved referrals and resources in file folders, form books, accessible to Family Educators and supervisor.
- Supports classroom staff with absenteeism and cancellations by offering coverage in the classroom or during socialization times.
- Assists Region Manager with organizing child care and transportation support to families for program events and functions.
This position offers $11.80 per hour. Please send letter of interest along with resume.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of working in an office setting.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and data entry programs.
- Must be willing to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the first 6 months of employment and maintain certification.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Comfortable assisting in a daycare classroom when needed. Able to work under pressure and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to engage customers and represent the mission of the agency
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time, Paid School Breaks
Saratoga County EOC is a private, nonprofit community action agency serving Saratoga County. We are the designated anti-poverty agency, dedicated to providing and promoting opportunities for individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency. We are an advocacy organization assisting families and individuals in developing solutions to promote healthy, thriving families and caring community partners. We provide services coordinated at our main office as well and in the county schools. Services include Head Start, WIC, Energy Services/Weatherization, Crisis Intervention, Latino Community Advocacy, Vita Tax Services, Food Pantry, and a Soup Kitchen.
For more information or to apply visit www.saratogaeoc.org